Monday, January 05, 2009

A New Year, A New Blog


First of all, happy 2009! I've finally decided to switch over to a blog instead my MSN space. I'll leave the old stuff up, so if you ever wonder what we were doing before 2009 you can check it out. Now, on with current events. Of course the biggest thing going on was the birth of our little girl. Erin was born December 7th. She was a little more than 3 weeks early and only weighed 5 pounds! Fortunately she is perfectly healthy and gaining weight fast. She has LOTS of dark hair and super long fingers. She's a pretty good baby, but she doesn't let mom get a lot of sleep. (When you're trying to gain weight you have to eat a lot!) We absolutely love her. She's so adorable. Ben has adjusted well. He likes to make sure she has a bow in her hair and is always telling me she has a dirty diaper that I need to change, which is usually true. He's such a big helper.


We had a great Christmas. Nana and Papa came to watch Ben open presents. When we brought him downstairs he was so excited to see them that he ran right past the tree (with Tonka's in plain sight) and into the kitchen to do his happy dance. It took a few minutes to bring him back to look under the tree. He was so cute. It's much more fun now that he understands what presents are and can open them. All the grandparents spoiled us too, and I'm not just talking about the kids!


Oh, and Happy Birthday to Brandon on Christmas Eve. We had a fun brunch with my family. Both of my Grandma's came down to see baby Erin too. It was so great to spend the holidays with so much family. We weren't able to travel to Moab with the new baby, but Max and Jan did come visit for a few days after. They can hardly stand to be away from these cute grandkids!


But the best part about Christmas was that Brandon took 2 straight weeks off of work! He and Ben had lots of fun out in the snow every day. We loved having Daddy home all the time and sure miss him today.

3 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Hansen said...

Yea Danielle has a blog!!! I'm super excited! It's really cute!

Kellie

The coolest Petersens said...

yippee for blogs. I just found Nikki's from the post office. Crazy, it looks like you are having so much fun, We are finally all better so we need to come see you and soon.

Becca Sharp said...

Wahoo! I'm so glad you succumbed and got a blog! Your family picture up top is gorgeous! I need to come visit soon. Lexi and I have colds again, so that's why we haven't. Dumb season! Love the snow, but hate having colds! Especially when there's a cute newborn I need to hold again!