May was my turn, once again, to teach Ben's preschool. I'm not going to lie, it was a little overwhelming with a 3 month old. The fact that at least one person in our family was sick for the entire month didn't help either. We somehow survived it all and hopefully the kids learned something!
One of my subjects was Farm Animals, so we went to Thanksgiving Point's Farm Country for our fieldtrip. It wasn't great weather, but the downpour held off long enough for us to see most everything.
| This baby horse wanted to be where the action was! He let everyone pet him, but you had to watch your pants, he liked to bite jeans! |
Brandon even took the day off to help. We were sure glad to have him!
Erin was SO proud of herself for riding the pony. She asked to go back everyday for weeks, now it's only a couple of times a week that it comes up.
Another one of my topics was Transportation. For our very last day of the year we had Kiddannapolis! I gave all the kids a diaper box and told the moms to help their child make a vehicle to race and do activities in. Since Erin thinks she's in preschool, this left us with 2 vehicles to make. What was I thinking!?!
Once again, I roped Brandon into my crazy scheme.
We prepped, the kids decorated.
Here's a shot of all our kids, plus Erin distracting everyone.
I had them draw sticks with things like race, parade, hokey pokey, and red light, green light for their activities.
They had a great time, but started ditching their vehicles when they realized how much faster they could go without them.
For a special treat I tried making buses out of twinkies with grapes for wheels. I don't know that anyone thought they looked anything like a bus, but they did look delicious.
My kids had never had twinkies before, and were hesitant to try them during preschool. They were a little more brave once everyone left and LOVED them, of course. It's now Ben's favorite treat of all time.
He was still willing to share though.
How cute is she?!?
4 comments:
Wow! You are a great preschool teacher. I loved the Twinkies.
yeah those twinkies were pretty cute! You always do a fantastic job.
You are very clever. That preschool looks fabulous. I'm sure that all of the kids loved every minute of it!
I guess this means your kids will want to roast twinkies over the fire with Uncle Scottie when we go camping.
I love how Erin has to wear her hat when it is a little cool outside to keep her warm. Maybe you should teach her about coats for staying warm.
Post a Comment