Let the festivities begin! December is such a fun month anyway, but we get to add Erin and Brandon's birthdays to the fun.
First is Erin's birthday. Unfortunately, both kids were sick the entire week of her birthday. So, we just had Nana & Papa come down for dinner to celebrate with us.

Next, we had 'Breakfast with Santa' at Papa's work. We had pancakes & cocoa, then the kids got to decorate stockings and cookies. They also had a chance to visit with Santa and get a yummy Mrs. Fields treat bag. Our kids weren't too fond of this part, as you can see. Erin at least shook his hand. Ben stood behind me and whispered to me what he wanted me to tell Santa.





Random shot: I borrowed a cape my friend made to use as a pattern to make my kids some. Apparently Ben and Brandon found it and voila, a forever embarrassing shot of Ben in his unders & a cape. Classic.
This was the first day of Brandon's 2 week vacation from work and we were SO glad he didn't have to go anywhere.
Brandon really wanted to build a fort with the kids after he shoveled, but he ended up spending much of the morning helping neighbors that got stuck on our road. So, I tried to improvise and make them a little cave out of a snow heap.
These are the cute jammies my parents gave the kids as per tradition. They were so excited about them. Erin thought they were clothes and was begging me to let her sleep in them, which of course I did. I think they wore them most of the next day too.
(Insert pictures of Brandon's birthday here.) I didn't think to take pictures. We just had fun at home as a family. We only gave him a couple of small things since he was putting his birthday budget towards a new computer with 23" dual monitors for Christmas.Christmas Morning...
This was the best Christmas yet! It was so great to have the kids understand and be SO excited. They loved everything they got and were even pretty good about sharing.
Notice the little black box behind Erin's head? That was my sweet Christmas treat: a laptop! Now maybe I can keep this blog updated!
My parents came down to watch them open presents and brought cinnamon rolls for breakfast. It was great.
It was truly a great Christmas. I'm grateful that we were able to see so much family, but we really missed those we weren't able to see this year. Thanks to everyone for your kindness and gifts. Our family was so spoiled! We love you all.






No comments:
Post a Comment