Monday, April 13, 2009

Let the Good Times Roll

Wow, what a week. Here's what's going on. Erin hit the 4 month mark and weighs just over 12 pounds now. That keeps her at about the 20th percentile for weight, her height however jumped to the 60th percentile.

On Friday we headed to Moab for Easter. We hadn't been there since the deer hunt last October, so this was Erin's first visit. It was also our first long car trip with her. Overall I think it went pretty well. She did get sick the day we came home, but that just meant an extra long stop in Price and great sleeping the rest of the time.

Ben's cousin, Maddy, was staying at Grandma's too. They had so much fun together. Maddy is 2 years older, so of course Ben had to do everything she did. (Including using the potty, hooray!)

Ben was really into the egg hunt this year, but being the youngest he was a little too slow so the bigger cousins had to help.

Did you really expect my kids' Easter baskets to look any different?
Being the good big brother he is, Ben decided he had better tend Erin's eggs for her...
Thanks to Nana & Papa for the adorable Easter dress.
As you can see, we had a great time. It wasn't the warm sunny Moab we were hoping to escape to, but we still got some 4-wheeler riding in.
And on a final note, we are starting serious potty training this week! I decided to skip the pull-ups and just jump into training underwear. So far he's doing pretty well. He even went in the Wal-Mart potty today with no problem! Wish me luck. I'm sure I'll be back asking for advice in the coming weeks. ;)

2 comments:

Marcie said...

HOORAY FOR BEN!! That's so cool he used the potty. I'll bet he does great with the whole potty training. Well, your kids are still as adorable as ever, and it looks like you had a good easter. LOVE the pictures!!

Courtney said...

I remember when Monkey Boy was potty training and we were at JoAnn's two days before we had Miss Thumper. We were in the back of the store and he suddenly was about to go. I think they had a laugh at a huge preggo running through the store with a toddler, but we made it! :D

Good luck!